Monday, April 26, 2010

FIT2001 - Week 3

This week, we talked about podcasting. To be honest this reminds me of the same topics back in my high school. Back then, the other students and I were expected to make a podcast as a form of computer tutorial to guide the non-computer savvy people in using a computer feature of our own choice.

Back then, I don't remember well on the podcast that I made. I think it was an audio tutorial on how to convert audio cassettes into digital files. All you need is a cassette player with an audio jack, a stereo audio cable with male-to-male jacks, and a computer with a sound card installed.

The method is simple:
  1. Insert the cassette tape into the player.
  2. Connect the player to the computer using the audio cable. The Cable must be inserted from the output jack of the player and into the microphone (input) side of the computer.
  3. Using Microsoft Sound recorder (for Microsoft Windows OS), press the record button and at the same time, press play on the cassette player.
  4. Once its finished, save the sound file into the computer and the digital file of the cassette tape is created.
I don't recall what grade that I got for that assignment. But I think it was satisfactory. This week's tutorial reminds me of that assignment years ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment